Monday, February 9, 2015

Rick's Pedigree Coins – 1893 Fitzgerald Collection Morgan Silver Dollar


Every once in a while you get lucky and I got lucky about a week ago when searching Ebay for pedigree coins.  I was getting bored scrolling through the pages of Morgan silver dollars and about to quit when a listing for an 1893 Morgan silver dollar appeared and I recognized the Fitzgerald Collection label from the photo.  I could not believe it.  At first I thought I had the coin and checked my collection, but there was no 1893 listed.  Next I grabbed my book, “Fitzgerald Silver Dollar Collection – The Purple Gang Set” and turned to the population report in the back.  I quickly discovered why I did not have it – the population for this coin is “1”.  And this is the one – and only – authenticated and graded by NGC from that hoard.  Needless to say, it made my day!  It was one of the most exciting purchases that I have made in a while.






No comments:

Post a Comment