Thursday, March 13, 2014

Rick’s Pedigree Coins – Great Collections vs. Heritage – Costs


In a previous blog I pointed out why I preferred Great Collections auctions and Sunday night I found myself in an unusual predicament that is a great example of what I was talking about.

I did not have a Carson City GSA silver dollar in my collection, so I found some on the big 3 – Ebay, Heritage and Great Collections – and started bidding.  Saturday night I bid on several in Heritage’s auction that closed on Sunday.  Got outbid on all but an 1884-CC, NGC MS62.  I forgot about it and got busy watching Ebay and Great Collections on Sunday.  Great Collections had one that looked reasonable so I bid it and won – an 1884-CC, NGC MS62.  An hour later I am on Heritage and noticed I won the same date/grade coin there also (I forgot I even bid).  So I ended up with 2 of the same coin and here is how the billing worked out:

Heritage
Great Collections
 
 $ 165.00
 $              167.80
My Bid
     28.88
                   16.78
Buyer's Premium
       8.40
                    3.50
Shipping
 $ 202.28
 $              188.08
TOTAL

Even bidding more on Great Collections for the same grade/date coin, I ended up paying $14 less.  And that is why I prefer Great Collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment